Monday, May 9, 2011

The Wild Things Agree/Disagree Handout

This is another pre-reading handout for the students prior to reading Dave Eggers' The Wild Things.

Agree or Disagree?


Read each statement carefully and then write whether you agree or disagree.

Pick three of the statements and explain (on the back of this sheet) why you agree or disagree.

1. Being wild and crazy is always fun.

2. The leader or the person in charge of a group is always right.

3. Adults always know which is the best decision to make.

4. It would be hard to be the person in charge.

5. I don’t know who I am.

6. The leader or person in charge always knows what to do.

7. Sometimes I feel out of control.

8. No one should tell you want to do.

9. I often can’t explain why I do certain things.

10. You can be friends with someone who you aren’t honest with.

11. I’m afraid of who I am sometimes.

12. If I were in charge, everything would be perfect.

13. I sometimes act out for attention.

14. Everyone feels lonely and misunderstood sometimes.

15. Your family members should always be there for you.

16. One should always stop and think before they act.

No comments:

Post a Comment